Christmas parties are notorious for bringing out the worst in people. Guests often forget parties are an extension of the office environment and as such some basic guidelines should be followed if you want to make the right impression.
- Pace yourself.
- Don't score with one of your work colleagues.
- Keep your distance from the over affectionate
- Don't be the first to arrive or the last to leave.
- Don't talk office politics.
- Wine and beer, oh dear - Donít mix your drinks.
- Don't order food that is difficult to eat, especially in front of others.
- Beware the inappropriate joke.
- Donít over do it on the dance moves.
- Don't tell anyone your New Years resolutions- you'll never keep them!
- Rehydrate the ímorning afterí. Get up and take a hot shower, eat something and get some fresh air.